Current Position Openings:
WRWA is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a year round Engagement Assistant position. The position 1s 20 hrs/week with a annual salary of $21,000.
This is a half- time position that involves all aspects of watershed education outreach. The Engagement Assistant
reports directly to the Executive Director. The Engagement assistant meets weekly with the Executive Director
and submits a written report monthly.
● Develop new outreach programs for the River Center
● Assist with aquarium and exhibits maintenance in the River Center
● Host watershed interpretive walks, workshops and river tours for members.
● Use active volunteer list to enlist volunteers for specific programs.
● Supervise and train volunteers in various aspects of organization operations
● Coordinate community education events such as Investigate WOW
● Advertise for outreach events through social, media and press releases
● Create online content to engage the public: including videos, creature features and river info.
● Support WRWA staff when applicable with related project support (web site, social media).
● Assist the Watershed Education Program (WEP)
● Assist with water quality monitoring when needed
● Other duties as assigned.
● Enthusiastic engagement with the mission and activities of the Westport River Watershed Alliance.
● Ability to work with donors, staff and volunteers in a professional manner.
● Must have strong people skills, perform as a team player, be a self-starter, and communicate well.
● Bachelor’s degree in Environmental or Earth Sciences; experience teaching children
● Advanced computer skills in MS Office and Google Workplace.
● Good writing and public speaking skills.
● Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a professional, organized manner.
● Ability to collaborate with school administrators and staff.
● Available to work weekends.
Please email resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.