The Westport River Watershed Alliance working together for clean water and a healthy river community- now, and for future generations.
Our purchase and restoration of the old Head Garage at the Head of Westport will bring the Watershed Alliance to a new riverfront home in the very center of our watershed.
We have exciting news! The WRWA has engaged Page Building Construction Co. of Stoughton, MA to oversee the River Center construction. Page has an impressive portfolio that includes the recently completed New Bedford Whaling Museum’s Wattles-Jacobs Education Center, the Tanglewood Performing Arts Center in Lenox, MA, and Fairfield Inn and Suites in New Bedford. To date, we have raised $1,621,688 towards our goal.
UPDATE: Our River Center project is officially underway! Thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible. We will be posting periodically to keep you updated on our progress. Click this link for more information on the project.
The WRWA River Center
• Connects the community to the River
• Expands public awareness of the environmental issues and challenges that face the Westport River Watershed
• Engages the community with stewardship opportunities
• Showcases green technologies for zero energy and zero carbon impact
• Provides public access to scientific information and long-term water quality data
• Reaffirms and strengthens WRWA’s commitment to watershed protection
• Provides ADA accessibility