WRWA announces our traditional photo contest for the 2018 calendar. We are looking for landscape and nature photos that show the unique beauty and diversity of the Westport River watershed in all four seasons (i.e. the river, streams, wildlife, plants, etc.), limit 5 photos per person. To submit an image, send photos to Steve at email@example.com.
Certain image criteria must be met for the image to be used :
- Pictures should be submitted as JPGs.
- Image size should be no smaller than 10 x 8 inches (pixel dimension 3000 x 2400).
- Image resolution should be 300 dpi or greater, file size 1MB or greater.
- Deadline for image submission is May 1.
- Each image should be given a title, with image title matching file name.
- Artist name should be included for calendar credits.
Questions about criteria and image submissions can be emailed to Steve Connors. By sending in your pictures you are allowing WRWA to use your pictures to inspire the appreciation and celebration of the watershed’s natural resources. Independent judges will select the 13 best photos (one for the cover!) Send us your best photos!
Become one of our WRWA summer interns!
The Westport River Watershed Alliance is seeking two qualified candidates to fill a seasonal, summer internship position. The applicant must be a current UMass Dartmouth or BCC student to apply for this grant funded internship sponsored by Baycoast Bank. The position is 30 hrs/week at a rate of $11hr, from early June until mid August. The summer interns will work with school programs, field studies, and assist our water quality monitoring program on the WestportRiver. For a full description click on the internship link here.
WRWA is seeking two full-time Commonwealth Corps members as Environmental Educators, to deliver our Watershed Education Program to children in grades PreK-12, and to launch additional weekend student and family education programs. Commonwealth Corps members with the Westport River Watershed Alliance will serve 10.5 months in a full-time capacity. The applicant should be a Massachusetts resident and have a desire to put their talents and ideas to use in the service of their community and the Commonwealth.
More information on the position and how to apply can be found here:
The goals of the Westport River Watershed Alliance are to:
- promote the environmental integrity of the watershed and its coastal environs.
- to advocate the wise use and preservation of natural resources in the watershed for the aesthetic, recreational, and economic benefit of the citizens of the area.
- to educate the general public about the interrelationship of our waters, soils, plants, animals, and people.