This is an important and exciting time for WRWA and its professional staff. We are engaged in several major projects, including:
(1) management of a million dollar river and oyster restoration project in the East Branch of the Westport River,
(2) continuation and expansion of our award winning education program, which reaches every PreK through 12
student in the Westport School System and maintains an active summer program as well,
(3) maintenance of our continuous water quality sampling program for the Westport River Watershed, which has
been in place for 23 years and is used by state and federal agencies to monitor the watershed,
(4) advocacy and coordination with the community and state regulators to develop and implement cost-effective,
environmentally sound nitrogen and bacteria mitigation plans for the Westport River Watershed; and
(5) the maintenance and expansion of our active and outstanding base of community and donor support.
These and other activities undertaken by the WRWA over its 38-year history have steadily improved the health of the Westport River and its watershed and made it an outstanding example of local, community-based support and action for conservation in coastal New England.
We are now entering a new era. The WRWA has just purchased an historic building at the Head of Westport, located on the Westport River, near the Town’s schools and library. We are totally renovating the building to be our new Science and Education Center. We are looking for an Executive Director who can lead the organization using this new facility to maintain and expand our educational and environmental programs.
WRWA Search Committee
Post Office Box 3661
Westport, MA 02790